technology Adoption Lifecycle
Extentia Startup Consulting division offers high-end technology planning and execution services for global organizations. It is made up of technology visionaries and thought leaders with experience across industry domains.
- An innovative idea that's still fuzzy and can't be bound in requirement specification yet
- New data or insights frequently emerge, changing the problem space itself
- Traditional project management is too rigid
- Classical Agile is too chaotic
- Trade-off between innovation and inertia
- Prioritization by excessively strong stakeholder advocacy
- Too many goals, too few resources
- Need to make predictable market announcements
- Culturally misaligned global sourcing team
What we think
- Without strong governance, projects do not succeed
- Without portfolio management, the trade-off between innovation and inertia is not possible
- Successful Agile means controlled chaos with governance
- Chaos should be controlled with 80% predictability and 20% elasticity
- Augment pure ranking with "must have" and "would like" to manage predictability with elasticity
- A global sourcing partner needs to understand and internalize all of this
On Global Sourcing
- Cultural alignment does not happen magically
- The implementation team needs partners that shake hands
- Technical design within sprints leads to lower productivity
- There are better ways to communicate across time zones and distances than a "onshore-offshore daily standup"
- Each sprint requires one week of stabilization and UAT (unless your budgets are of the size of Google or Linked-in!)
- As a result, sprints that are less than four weeks are very difficult indeed
How We Can Help
- Bridge the 'Knowing-Doing Gap' – big ideas unless translated into concrete actionable items, are of no use
- Anchor the thought process on a Strategic Execution Framework
- Fix the hindrance of cultural mismatches
- Connect 'hand-shaking' partners – Product Manager, Project Manager, Enterprise Architect
- Agree on portfolio buckets – New ideas, Customer demands, Hot fixes, Operations, Architecture improvements
- Build a roadmap for every bucket
- Plan and execute sprints
EXTENTIA STARTUP CONSULTING TEAM
Dr. Marc Cremer
Dr. Markus Volpers
Umeed Kothavala is the CEO of Extentia. A technology visionary, he has guided the company toward success in the highly competitive software development and information technology solutions business. Among his specialties are mobile technologies – where he's widely regarded as an innovator and knowledge leader. Kothavala consults with several technology and investment firms on strategy, branding, private equity and IT implementation management. He holds a master's degree in computer science from Purdue University.
Anil Apte is Senior Vice President, Engineering at Extentia. He has over 25 years of experience in information technology. Apte has worked as a Lean/Agile coach, transitioning senior management teams to Agile governance models. He previously took on a variety of engineering and management roles for ITB AG, a leading German provider of healthcare software solutions. Apte is an alumnus of the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, and has studied the strategic execution framework and its application on software products at Stanford University. His long time passion is repairing damaged IT projects.
An information technology pioneer, Dr. Cremer, brings over 24 years of experience with IT consulting, global sourcing, and processes to Extentia. He is an expert in strategic planning, and has managed technology organizations in India and in Germany. Dr. Cremer also founded GreenTokri, a successful farming venture that delivers fresh produce in India. He earned his Ph.D. from Humboldt University of Berlin.
Dr. Markus Volpers, Director at Extentia, has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. He has moved his focus from technology and software development processes to management and strategy development. Dr Volpers is a visionary entrepreneur and a demanding leader who shares his knowledge and experience as a senior management consultant. He has a Ph.D in science from Cologne University.
In The News
- Extentia and Amplifi Partner for Startup Accelerator Program in Pune Read More
- Every Startup Gains From An Incubator Or Accelerator Read More
- More startup buyouts poised to take place in the new fiscal, as funding winter continues Read More
- Some startup expansions that made news this May Read More
- IPO Hurdles Hurt Tech Startup Valuations Read More
Questions or comments? Please contact us via the form below. You may also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fields marked with * are required.