Spotlight is a platform for Extentians to present knowledge and skills gained by them over the years. The objective here is to drive information sharing and experimentation.
Recent sessions have included:
Engineer the Experience
- What this was about: Extentia’s Design Studio capabilities and cross-organizational collaboration
- Usage: Create better user experience (UX) for the end user by close collaboration
- How to: Bring development and design closer
- Technology: Design
Additionally: Focus on how the end user benefits from a close design and development collaboration throughout all project phases.
Salesforce Lightning Experience
- What this was about: Complete restructuring and reimaging of Salesforce system’s framework
- Usage: Organize data, increase sales productivity, and close deals faster
- How to: Enable the Lightning Experience feature in Salesforce, customize home page, set up Opportunity Workspace, app builder, and use Lightning Design System (LDS) to design custom components consistent with the UI
- Technology: Salesforce, Aura framework, LDS
Additionally: A video was shown during the demo which gave the audience a glimpse of Salesforce Lightning Experience.
Introduction to Salesforce
- What this was about: Cloud computing, CRM, history, evolution, and benefits of Salesforce
- Usage: Gather information and automate sales process, increase workflow efficiency
- How to: Optimize Map Plotter, utilize Extentia’s expertise in Salesforce
- Technology: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud, Wave Analytics, App Cloud
Additionally: Focused on Salesforce’s Product Development Partnerships (PDP).
- What this was about: Design, development, search engine marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, online advertising, and public relations
- How to: Use research, strategy, content, and branding
- Usage: Create greater visibility, demand, and repute
- Technology: Social media, search engines
Additionally: Internet marketing is the result of a team effort between marketing personnel and domain experts.
- What this was about: Content Management System, OrchestraCMS, and Salesforce customizations
- How to: Leverage Salesforce standard to enable custom functionality along with CMS
- Usage: Creation, management, and delivery of dynamic content on the company website. Website content, data integrated (bi-directional) to Salesforce
- Technology: Salesforce, OrchestraCMS
Additionally: CMS is meant for non-technical people to help manage website quickly and easily but the session was well attended by both technical and non-technical people.
- What this was about: Business app store for Salesforce apps, components, consulting partners, and developers. Extentia’s apps on AppExchange – Map Plotter, Map Plotter Premium, Business Email Templates for Salesforce
- How to: Installation and procedure with information on Salesforce1 for mobiles
- Usage: Dedicated apps for business departments on Salesforce AppExchange: HR, IT, Finance, etc. Success Community and content library prove global reach
- Technology: Salesforce Cloud Computing technology
Additionally: Salesforce AppExchange, a B2B medium, founded on trust and security, has a lengthy but necessary security review for every app it hosts.
Application Design Pattern
- What this was about: Declarative and programmatic customization options from Salesforce, their high-level features with pros and cons, and a brief introduction to the Salesforce AppExchange
- How to: Using the declarative customization option, set up a web-to-case form to allow customers to report product-related issues
- Usage: CRM, automate business processes, build AppExchange apps, and communities for internal and external users
- Technology: Salesforce
Additionally: Salesforce is significantly more rapid at app development than other platforms, lower time-to-market, allows for minimal coding options — Thinking the Salesforce Way.
The Marketing Cloud
The Marketing Cloud has various components that help organizations engage with clients and offer a 1-1 client association across email, mobile, social platforms, ads, and the web. Formerly known as ExactTarget, the Marketing Cloud is based on .NET and integrates with Salesforce.
- What this was about: Extentia’s client ventures, client use cases to comprehend email studio and web studio
- How to: Deliver relevant, customized ventures across channels and devices — empowering advertisers to convey the right message, at the ideal time, throughout the relationship
- Plan, customize, and improve client cooperation over the client life cycle – utilizing the Journey Builder
- Listen, publish, and engage in building meaningful relationships across social channels – using the Social Studio
- Use analytics progressively to reveal examples and bits of knowledge about one’s clients to streamline their image trip, and take action — at the time when it makes a difference – utilizing the Analytics Builder
Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
Sales Force Automation is a technique of using software to automate the business tasks of sales, which helps to speed and to streamline all phases of sales from lead management to analytics and forecasting.
- What this was about: Salesforce CRM introduction, sales process, sales stages, forecasting
- How to: Generate, qualify and convert leads, activate big deal alerts and opportunity splitting
- Usage: Manage contacts, accounts, contracts, documents, events, incentives, opportunities
Learnings: SFA can cater to over 100,000 customers and 2 million subscribers worldwide, can manage people and processes more effectively, pursue more business in less time, and close more deals.
Alexa on Amazon Echo
- What this was about: Echo, Tap, Dot, Alexa, skills, custom skills, Wake Word, invocation name
- How to: Setup Echo, build, and publish a new skill (actual coding), use certified skills
- Usage: General use, sample questions, possible applications
- Technology: Architecture, the hardware of Echo, cloud integration, and more
Additionally: Demos with sample questions, and possible applications.